Monday, March 13, 2006

Don’t want no short brain people!

For those who know me, I’ve never been a fat person, but I’m not thin or skinny at all, I’m what’s so called Average I guess. Of course my weight has not always been exactly the same over the years; I’ve had my Ups and Downs. Nevertheless, I never worried too much about it, since I always was in the allowed BMI (Body Mass Index) values, between 18,5 and 25 for women.

That changed when I got pregnant, I gained 21 Kg during my pregnancy! Yes, that’s a lot! It’s supposed to be about 12 Kg.
So when I had the baby (did I ever mention he's beautiful...?), my doctor kind of intimated me that I had to lose the extra weight or else he would call me fat girl instead of my real name, like hey fat girl! How are you today fat girl!? So I was sensitive to the arguments and started doing some dieting. As a result I was back to normal in about one year.

But this situation alerted me to the Fat People World drama; it is different worlds believe me. And do you know why? Because nowadays there’s that sort of binary pairing of fat, ugly on one side and beautiful, thin on the other. We kind of need Social Approval for our weight. The Fats will be ostracized like outsiders and victimized by social censure and fashion society.

If not yet convinced yet check this out:

1. Thin people can wear anything; super-thin models are the Super-Models of Stylists, right?

2. Thin people are not sensitive about their size. They are never called things such as obese or overweight. Does anybody ever walked to them and asked what size they wear? Or asked, "Hey, um, do you... eat?" You gotta lose some weight…! Are thin people’s figures exposed in a sarcastic or comical way?

3. Life is easier for thin people. They can find clothes in any fashion store without any problems and always fits.

So the next time you're tempted to give a fat person (or anyone else for that matter) some unsolicited advice about their appearance, remember the old adage, "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all."

As far as I’m concerned, I think that there are much more important things to care about rather than fatness or appearance.

Do you know “Salt N Pepa” song lyrics “Don't want no short dick man”? Me I “don’t want no small brain people”!

“Iny weeny teeny weeny
Shriveled little short mind people
Don't want don't want don't want!
Get the fuck outta here!”

No comments: