Tuesday, March 14, 2006

The particular behaviors that make an individual

Today a colleague of mine, whom I didn’t even knew, till today, that she had a blog, started kind of a chain, where you’re supposed to list five of your habits, very own personal behaviors, that exclusively distinguish you from everyone else, or at least that you expect to.
It is also required you to pass ahead this message by reproducing it on your own blog and the advise for the recruitment of 5 more bloggers, but she only did it for two :)

Although I also don’t particularly like chains, this is quite an exercise on reflection about you and your personal behavior therefore I found it interesting, so there it goes:

1. I like to go to bed late, not before midnight, and wake up not before 9 a.m. neither after 11 a.m. because it shortens the day. This always made it impossible for me either to attend early events, like classes at 8 a.m. at University, or early walks on the fields (those I manage to go a few times because I really like it), and still causes me trouble getting on time at workplace...
2. I love to read and I love books, and no, it is not a pleonasm. If someone lends me a book I’ll manage that I turn it back exactly the same way it was delivered to me and I expect the same behavior from the ones I lend my books to. One of these days I lent a book to a friend and he told me he was afraid he’d ruin the book and suffer the terrible consequences :) furthermore it was a book I was offered by someone very special to me, but this goes with any book.
3. I’m crazy about music and lyrics. I listen to new music every day and almost all the daily things remember me of some lyric I can point out to exemplify it. This bores to death those that never pay attention to music lyrics and just consume "pump it up" music. Life is only worth it if lived singing and dancing... and yes, I also I’m crazy about dancing. I practice STEP and I used to do Hip-Hop too.
4. I hate smoke in the house and closed spaces. I’m absolutely intransigent about it. Nobody smokes in my house, except on the window with a small ashtray I provide, neither on my car. I just can’t take the smell. I’m so goddamn crazy about this that I never dated someone who smokes, and not only because of the smell, but that’s another story.
5. I adore going bed with a warm glass of milk and a book. The greatest tenderness someone can do to me is taking me my glass of milk when I’m already in bed, It really touches me.

I could continue, but I reached my five, so it is time for someone else to go for it!

Come on! Look at yourself; it is always a good exercise ;)

No comments: