Friday, April 14, 2006

Sensuality... Mmh, yes.


Talking about sensuality on my other blog: Unawen, I suddenly realized I never spoke here about one of my favorite singers, maybe the favorite singer: Kate Bush.

I knew her trough this album, The Sensual World.

In this album Kate Bush reflects the most heavenly views of love, her most intimate and charming effort, a romantic, frolicking over lust and love, but also a lover of life and its spirituality.

She also reveals a spirit of strength and independence like in "Love and Anger”, features blistering riffs by her mentor: David Gilmour, guitarist and vocalist with Pink Floyd.

Pink Floyd, which, by the way, I only started to really listen to very recently because of a very dear friend that made me take another vision of their music and the story behind it, thanks :)

She also has a peculiar look toward the future, she appears to look beyond what's present and find a peculiar celestial atmosphere in which human beings do exist. But she also keeps her feet on the ground and speaks about technology, like on "Deeper Understanding" track.

I share here "The Sensual World" lyrics, my favorite :)

Mmh, yes,

Then I’d taken the kiss of seedcake back from his mouth
Going deep south, go down, mmh, yes,
Took six big wheels and rolled our bodies
Off of howth head and into the flesh, mmh, yes,

He said I was a flower of the mountain, yes,
But now I’ve powers o’er a woman’s body, yes.

Stepping out of the page into the sensual world.
Stepping out...

To where the water and the earth caress
And the down of a peach says mmh, yes,
Do I look for those millionaires
Like a machiavellian girl would
When I could wear a sunset? mmh, yes,

And how we’d wished to live in the sensual world
You don’t need words--just one kiss, then another.

Stepping out of the page into the sensual world
Stepping out, off the page, into the sensual world.

And then our arrows of desire rewrite the speech, mmh, yes,
And then he whispered would i, mmh, yes,
Be safe, mmh, yes, from mountain flowers?
And at first with the charm around him, mmh, yes,
He loosened it so if it slipped between my breasts
He’d rescue it, mmh, yes,
And his spark took life in my hand and, mmh, yes,
I said, mmh, yes,
But not yet, mmh, yes,
Mmh, yes.

No comments: