Saturday, April 15, 2006

Educate the children...

"Educate the children and it won't be necessary to punish the men." Pythagoras
Although I love my baby more than anything else in the world, I’m on the opinion that doesn’t mean gives him everything he asks/cries for. But it looks like I'm not understood by the adults themselves... and I'm not talking about family, but strangers!

The last episode happened today in the restaurant while I'm in a small vacation in Algarve. I went to the restaurant, where there are those appealing machines with large balls with toys inside that all the kids want. Usually I give him one and that's it! I don't deny everything, he's only 2 year old baby...

but after the meal he started asking me another one! And the answer was a straight “NO, you already have one”.

Then I turned my attention on something else and suddenly he was near me, big smile, with another toy! A man comes across the table where I was sitting and gave him the toy! A total stranger! At the moment I reacted saying "thanks sir", but I know that I didn't have nothing to thank at all!!! But what should I have done?

Till now I keep asking myself, but I don't know the answer... I just know I should have returned the toy, but I did not... I wasn’t guided by reason, but by emotions… one should thank someone that gives us something?... not here I guess.

No comments: